Irony, thy name is Twitterfeed  

Posted by Unknown

My first post is on a service that hopefully actually works. Funny how I won't know until this post is finished. I can always edit it, but that would be bordering on the absurd. So basically, Twitterfeed takes a feed from your blog, and sends it to Twitter. It uses magic from the dark forests of pangamegoria, but that is besides the point. All you need to know is that it seems so easy, I set up the feed to this site in just 30 seconds.

Punch in your Twitter info, your blog feed, the frequency it checks the feed, put a prefix, and you can even use a filter. It even takes links in the post and shrinkafies them to a tinyurl status.

The one issue I have is that it uses openid standards to log in. I am new to this, and am not sure what advantage it has besides being able to log in everywhere with one piece of identification, but that could be done in other ways using password plugins or programs.

If Twitterfeed works for this post, then I give it an 8 out of 10 on the princess meter.

Links:
twitterfeed

My Twitter page

Open ID

This entry was posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments